New update will bring other changes
- Saturday, October 13, 2018
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//m.bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_IV_coming_to_Pok%C3%A9mon_GO] Generation IV coming to Pokémon GO[/url]
- <a href="//m.bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_IV_coming_to_Pok%C3%A9mon_GO"> Generation IV coming to Pokémon GO</a>
A promotional video for Pokémon GO has been released which teases the release of Generation IV Pokémon in Pokémon GO. The trailer features partial shots of Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, and Dialga.
Additionally, several tweaks have been announced for Pokémon GO, focused on the appearance rate of wild Pokémon and Pokémon's ability in battle.
- The weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- A greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates as the player explores a given area.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will contain more varied Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted in an attempt to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be adjusted, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have been slightly reduced for most Pokémon, in order to help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.