Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilver sell 1.7 million combined
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//m.bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_releases_gaming_sales_stats_for_March_2010] NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010[/url]
- <a href="//m.bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_releases_gaming_sales_stats_for_March_2010"> NPD Group releases gaming sales stats for March 2010</a>
The NPD Group has released North American video game sales data for the month of March 2010. In a packed period that saw the launch of many anticipated releases, the remakes of Gold and Silver found themselves among the ten top-selling games for the month.
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, which debuted on March 15, were the top selling titles for the Nintendo DS. The majority of sales went to the SoulSilver Version, which sold 1.02 million copies, while HeartGold sold the remaining 761,200 copies. In comparison, the April 2007 launch sales of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl were 1.045 million copies for Diamond and 712,000 copies for Pearl.
The Nintendo DS was the top game system in March, selling more than 700,800 units, an all-time record for the most portables sold in the month of March.
Top 10 selling games, March 2010
- God of War III - 10 1.10 million
- Pokémon SoulSilver Version - 1.02 million
- Final Fantasy XIII - 828,200
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 825,500
- Pokémon HeartGold Version 761,200
- Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) - 493,900
- New Super Mario Bros. WII - 457,400
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Playstation 3) - 451,200
- WII Fit Plus with Wii Balance Board - 429,600
- MLB 10: The Show - 349,200
Game system sales, March 2010
- Nintendo DS - 700,800
- Wii - 557,500
- Xbox 360 - 338,400
- PlayStation 3 - 313,900
- PlayStation Portable - 119,900
- PlayStation 2 - 118,300