Americans to get chance to obtain Celebi
Americans visiting select locations through July will have the chance to capture Celebi, a Pokémon not previously made available to them. The Pokémon Journey Across America tour starts Feb. 25 in Miami.
According to Pokémon.com, visitors to the tour can battle to qualify for the Pokémon National Video Game Championship by entering one of two categories- 12 and under or 13 and over. According to the site, 24 winners from each age group will win a trip for two to New York in August to participate in the finals.
Pokémon Fan, a publication of Pokémon USA, revealed several more details about the tour. Fans will be able to meet Pikachu, obtain a promotional TCG card and receive the chance to catch Celebi on Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed or LeafGreen.
Tour dates are as follows:
- Feb. 25: Miami, Aventura Mall
- March 4: Tampa, Westfield Citrus Park Town Center
- March 11: Atlanta, Southlake Mall
- March 15: Houston, The Galleria
- March 18: Dallas/Ft. Worth, The Parks at Arlington
- March 25: Albuquerque, Coronado Center
- April 1: Los Angeles, Westfield West Covina
- April 8: San Francisco, Westfield Valley Fair
- April 15: Portland, Clackamas Town Center
- April 22: Seattle, Westfield Southcenter
- April 29: Salt Lake City, Fashion Place
- May 6: Denver, Southwest Plaza
- May 13: Kansas City, Independence Mall
- May 21: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Mall of America (11 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- May 27: Chicago, Westfield North Bridge
- June 3: Detroit, Great Lakes Crossing
- June 10: Pittsburgh, Century III Mall
- June 17: Cincinnati, Cincinnati Mills
- June 24: Memphis, Wolfchase Galleria
- July 1: Raleigh, Crabtree Valley Mall
- July 8: Washington, D.C., Westfield Montgomery
- July 12: Philadelphia, King of Prussia Mall
- July 15: Boston, Southshore Plaza
- July 22: New York area, Roosevelt Field Mall
Pokémon USA will open a Web site dedicated to the tour on Friday. Bulbanews will provide information as it becomes available.