Set to release early in various retailers
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The English XY-Evolutions expansion has been officially announced! This 71st expansion of the Pokémon Trading Card Game brings cards from the Original Series back as power-up retro cards alongside brand new Pokémon-EX and Pokémon BREAK. The official release date is set for Nov. 2, 2016, with select retailers given permission to release as early as Oct. 30, 2016. The set is based on the Japanese Expansion Pack 20th Anniversary, with a few relevant Japanese promotional cards included within.
- The Pokémon legacy evolves with the Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion! All Trainers and Pokémon grow and evolve—and this expansion restores the very first Pokémon trading cards to glory. With the exhilarating power of Mega Venusaur-EX, Mega Charizard-EX, and Mega Blastoise-EX, plus some wild surprises like Dragonite-EX, Ninetales BREAK, Machamp BREAK, and Mega Slowbro-EX, the classic hard-battling Pokémon and old-school Trainers are reinvented for a new generation. Ask Professor Oak to get you started, and reach new heights with the Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion!
- The Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion includes:
- Over 100 cards
- 12 new Pokémon-EX, including 5 Mega Evolution Pokémon
- 4 new Pokémon BREAK
- A reinvention of the very first Pokémon trading cards
- The complete XY—Evolutions expansion will be available to play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online when the expansion launches.
Booster packs and two theme decks—Pikachu Power and Mewtwo Mayhem—will be available at participating US and Canadian Toys“R”Us stores on October 30, 2016, October 31, 2016 at hobby shops and participating GameStop locations, and other retailers nationwide by November 2, 2016.