New Pokémon Shuffle patch adds Cresselia, Wobuffet special stages
The new v1.2.8 patch for Pokémon Shuffle adds the Cresselia Escalation Battle special stage, "Try 'em Items" Wobbuffet special stage, and Blazikenite Competitive Stage, and returns The Daily Pokémon (#3). Additionally, some upcoming content has also been announced.
The Cresselia special stage is an Escalation Battle stage that will be available from July 20 to August 3, 2015. As this is an Escalation Battle stage, every time the player completes the stage, its level goes up, with the stage becoming more difficult at higher levels. The player will receive prizes for achieving specific levels. The following rewards are available
- Level 5: 1 Moves +5
- Level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
- Level 30: 1 Mega Start
- Level 50: 1 Mega Speedup
- Level 100: 1 Mega Speedup (unconfirmed, although all other prizes are the same as the previous Escalation Battle, making it likely)
The Wobbuffet special stage is a new kind of special stage called "Try 'em Items" that will be available from July 20 to August 15, 2015, but the stage is not available on weekends. In this stage, the player can use items without having to pay for them; however, the player always only receives 1 Coin upon completing the stage (even on the first clear). New items will be added every Monday (and remaining available on this stage once added), being added according to the following schedule:
- July 20, 2015: Mega Start
- July 27, 2015: Disruption Delay
- August 3, 2015: Attack Power ↑
- August 10, 2015: Complexity -1
The Blazikenite Competitive Stage will run from July 20 to 27, 2015. Prizes can be obtained from July 27 to August 3, 2015. In this stage, players must try and get as high a score as possible within the one minute time limit, with players who place above a cutoff in their region receiving better prizes. This is currently the only way to obtain the Blazikenite. The following prizes are available:
|Japan||North America||PAL region|
|1 - 15,000||1 - 6,000||1 - 4,000||Blazikenite and 1 Mega Speedup|
|15,001 - 50,000||6,001 - 20,000||4,001 - 12,000||Blazikenite|
|50,001 - 65,000||20,001 - 25,000||12,001 - 16,000||1 Complexity -1|
The special stage The Daily Pokémon (#3) returns from July 20 to August 1, 2015. Every weekday, a different Pokémon is available for capture (this is currently the only way to capture these Pokémon). The stage was previously available from May 18 to June 6, 2015. The player will still receive the first clear bonus of 200 Coins even if they completed these stages last time the stage was available. On Monday Girafarig is available, on Tuesday Kecleon is available, on Wednesday Shuckle is available, on Thursday Relicanth is available, and on Friday Spiritomb is available.
Additionally, it has been announced that the Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza Great Challenge special stages will be available again after the Arceus Ultra Challenge special stage finishes. All three of these special stages have been available in the past.
- The Kyogre Great Challenge special stage will be available from July 24 to 31, 2015, and again from August 14 to 21, 2015.
- The Groudon Great Challenge special stage will be available from July 31 to August 7, 2015, and again from August 21 to 28, 2015.
- The Rayquaza Great Challenge special stage will be available from August 7 to 14, 2015, and again from August 28 to September 4, 2015.
Furthermore, three passcodes will be revealed on Pokémon Get☆TV over the next three weeks. So far, passcodes have not been region-locked, so it is likely that these passcodes will also work on non-Japanese versions.
- On July 26, 2015, the passcode for 1 Mega Start will be revealed. This code will be able to be redeemed until August 21, 2015.
- On August 2, 2015, the passcode for 1 Attack Power ↑ will be revealed. This code will be able to be redeemed until August 28, 2015.
- On August 9, 2015, the passcode for 1 Disruption Delay will be revealed. This code will be able to be redeemed until September 4, 2015.