To be released June or July
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
A Black + Turquoise New Nintendo 2DS XL
A new system in the New Nintendo 3DS family, the New Nintendo 2DS XL, has been announced. It will be released in Australia and New Zealand in June and in North America, Europe, Japan, South Africa, and Russia in July.
The New Nintendo 2DS XL does not support 3D, but otherwise has the same functionality as the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL.
- It has a built-in C-Stick and the additional trigger buttons ZL and ZR. (The original Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL require the Circle Pad Pro and Circle Pad Pro XL, respectively, to achieve the same functionality; the original Nintendo 2DS does not support this functionality at all.)
- It has a built in NFC reader/writer for amiibo support. (The original Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS require an external NFC reader/writer in order to communicate with NFC devices such as amiibo.)
- It has the same size screen as the New Nintendo 3DS XL, being 4.88 inches (diagonal) for the upper screen and 4.18 inches (diagonal) for the lower screen.
- It has the same power as New Nintendo 3DS XL, and so is compatible with New Nintendo 3DS-exclusive software.
- It is lighter than the New Nintendo 3DS XL, weighing 9.2 ounces compared to 11.6 ounces for the New Nintendo 3DS XL. It weighs approximately the same as a Nintendo 2DS.
- It is packaged with an AC adapter to charge the system, unlike the New Nintendo 3DS.
In Australia and New Zealand, it will be released on June 15, 2017 for a suggested retail price of AU$199.95. It will be available in both Black + Turquoise and White + Orange.
In Japan, it will be released on July 13, 2017 for a suggested retail price of ¥14,980. It will be available in both Black + Turquoise and White + Orange. A Dragon Quest special edition will also be available exclusively in Japan.
In North America, it will be released on July 28, 2017 for a suggested retail price of US$149.99 or CA$199.99. It will only be available in Black + Turquoise.
In Europe, South Africa, and Russia, it will be released on July 28, 2017. It will be available in both Black + Turquoise and White + Orange.