Provides notifications for various events
- Friday, December 23, 2016
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Pokémon GO for Apple Watch
Pokémon GO is now available for Apple Watch. While the game still runs on their iPhone, the player can interact with it using the Apple Watch.
Players can interact with Pokémon GO on Apple Watch using quick taps to discover nearby Pokémon and collect items from PokéStops. When a Pokémon is encountered, the player can catch it on their iPhone. Players can log play sessions through the Apple Watch app as a Workout that will count toward personal Activity rings, while also counting distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs.
The core features of Pokémon GO on Apple Watch are as follows.
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded