Pokémon TCG City Championships begin Saturday
The Pokémon TCG City Championships, a series of mini-tournaments within multiple cities, will begin Saturday and run through Jan. 21 across North America.
A full list of locations and dates for Canada, the United States and Mexico can be found at the Pokémon Organized Play Web site. Additional contests will be held in Argentina, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Finland and Sweden.
According to the site, players are divided into three age-based divisions:
- Junior Division (born in 1996 or later)
- Senior Division (born in 1992, 1993, 1994 or 1995)
- Masters Division (born in 1991 or earlier)
The winner in each division will earn the title of City Champion and have the opportunity to earn Pokémon prizes such as booster packs and exclusive merchandise. Winners will go on to the Battle Road tournaments with the opportunity to advance to the State, Regional, National and World Championships in 2007.
The championship is free to enter. The first 50 players registered will receive a City Championships promo card and a commemorative pin. The top four in each division will receive prizes:
- 18 Pokémon TCG booster packs
- City Championship medal
- Prize kit with Pokémon merchandise
- 10 Pokémon TCG booster packs
Third and fourth place
- Four Pokémon TCG booster packs